Thursday, November 24, 2011

My iui #1 experience

Our sperm donor dropped off his healthy swimmers at 10ish am.. We woke up early... And went for breakfast, called Dr. P's office and they say come in at 11.30am-12pm... Previously I've read a few blogs and they mentioned that they need a full bladder, so I went there with my water bottle.. Drinking away.. But I know it wasn't enough.. The nurses told me not to drink so much.. They were afraid I'll be too full and need to release it out before the iui!

We waited about 30mins.. And they were extremely busy today.. So many couples coming in for their treatment, with their little blue bags, coming in for injections, and I saw a whole family there probably giving moral support to one of the lady.. She must be doing her Ivf today..

In my heart I was thinking today must be a good day!


About 12.35pm they called out my name, brought us to a tiny and long room the size of room is just enough for 2 stools, one bed, n one table.

The nurse showed us the washed sperm, its in a test tube, it's very little, only about 1cm in height.. She said they only pick the strongest and strengthen them.. Asked her how they strengthen and she couldn't give me a perfect answer..

Took off my undies and shorts, (should wear a dress, feel less naked) lie down and waiting patiently for Dr. P..

While waiting hubs ask me why do they have such a big ass torch in this room? Of course I don't know why!

Dr. P came in and did not waste any time. Asked have I seen the sperm, and told me this will only take about 5-10 mins. He open up a new speculum I presume, and put some lubricant on it and insert into my vagina! Was trying so hard not to tense up.. But it hurts.. After that he took a syringe with a long thin tube and suck the sperm up.. I hope he suck every sperm up! Then he proceed with his next step.. Next thing my hubs said was.. Oh she's using the torchlight now! It's to shine at my vagina so Dr. P has a clear VIEW of my pathway to the uterus!

Next thing Dr P asked is.. Xxx full bladder? Omg! Yes! Why??? Panic-KY me was freaking out.. Looking at the nurse who is now next to me.. I ask her if everything is ok?? I thought to myself.. I knew I should have drank more water.. It wasn't 100% full bladder but the nurse said as long as you have the urge to pee is enough cause it will eventually go down..

Anyway, the next thing I heard was like a cracking twisted sound, and it was painful.. It made me jerk a bit and it caused me to tear.. I was trying so hard not to cry.. But my tears just profusely dripped like a running tap..

Next thing I know.. It's done!! Still wiping my tears away! Doctor said okay! Almost got up and he told me to lay down for another 10 minutes.

Said to do the pregnancy test 2 Thursdays from now. (if only its 24 hr wait) and will give me some pills to strengthen my uterus.

That was it, my most expensive sex! That I didn't even enjoy.

Total cost for iui today RM980.

Total expenses for my iui, cashier says it's counted from my 2nd day of period.. Anything before it's not part of the treatment..

Rm180+RM180+RM980= RM1340

No comments:

Post a Comment